Friday, February 15, 2008

Introducing my new baby! Fuji Finepix S9600


One of my all time favorite things to do is photograph flowers. It was one of the main things I considered when I started looking at new cameras due to the impending death of my beloved Fuji 3800.



I wanted a camera with a few Whistles, but not one that had to have different lenses. I love to go for walks and take pictures of the landscape, then bend down and take a Macro of a flower or a bug (Yes, I love to photograph bugs as well.)

I finally chose another Fuji, why mess with a good thing? I loved my other Fuji so much, I already had all the media and I knew how to run it, so I bought another Fuji. I bought a camera that I fell in love with several years ago but had never seen in person. There isn't a single store in Utah that carries it, I had to buy one site unseen. A true leap of faith for me.

I was surprised when it came, I thought it would be roughly the same size as my previous camera, but it isn't, it is much bigger. Oh well, I can live with that.

Things I love about my new Fuji...
I can go from a super macro to 300MM(fixed lens is 28-300)zoom with the touch of a button and twist of a wrist, unlike my sister who would have to change lenses to do that.

It has a manual zoom, no more slow, noisy motor zooming in and out, manual is MUCH faster.

Very short shutter lag.

Practically instant start up YAY love that.

It has a button that allows me to take photo's in B&W. I love love love that.

Oh, and did I mention it has not only a Macro, but a SUPER macro? I'm in heaven!

I think I am going to marry this camera when I grow up!

I bought it from Tri-State Camera and nearly had a heart attack because I found some really really bad reviews after I ordered my camera (for the site, not the camera) and I was terrified. But my transaction was beautiful, not a glitch.

I wish it was spring already. I wish I was surrounded by flowers! I wish it was warm outside so that I could go for long walks, just me and my Fuji.

0 comments: