Sunday, February 3, 2008

Life Is Short


you know what? Life is short and there is just no guarantee that you are going to be here tomorrow.

I remember, like it was yesterday, the phone call saying my Uncle Kevin had been killed in a car accident coming home from vacation, he was only 34, the same age I am now.

I remember the call saying my friend Jason was gone. He also died in a car accident, he was 18 at the time.

I remember the call saying Kenna was gone, in a boating accident, she was 4 1/2.

There is just no guarantee, no where is it written in stone that we are entitled to a tomorrow.

I read a message today that an acquaintance lost her little sister (age 25) to pneumonia. Who would ever think that at age 25 our number has been called, our time is up, and it is on to greater things in Heaven?

It makes me wonder, if I knew I wouldn't have a tomorrow, what would I change about today? Maybe I will make a list and resolve to make changes to better both my life, and the life of my family.

Like I have said before, I have no problem telling my children how much I love them, the problem is telling everyone ELSE how much I love them. When did this happen? It never used to be a problem for me, but the older I get, the harder those words are to say.

My challenge to you is to tell ten people, TODAY, that you love them...and mean it. Put emotion into the words and let them know that when you say it, it's true!

On that note, to all my friends and family, thank you for being a part of my life, you make my world a happier place to be. Thank you for the cards, notes, and treats this week while we have been taking care of my grandpa, it means the world to me that you took time from your day to make my day brighter. I love you all, I really do.... I meant it!

0 comments: