Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Living in Squallor

Sorry, nothing crafty to show you today. I forced myself today to tackle my scrapbook room. It is scary, it gives me nightmares!

When I am in a crafting frenzy I get a ton of stuff out, but sadly I am not so great at putting it away. I am good when I am actually using that area, like if I am scrapbooking, I will completely clean off my desk between layouts.

But, I haven't scrapped in YEARS, which is really quite sad because I used to not be able to imagine a day when I wouldn't scrapbook and now, it seems to be the last thing I want to do. I don't know what happened or when it happened but one day, I just stopped.

And since that room (really the end of the unfinished basement area that I use as my studio) rarely gets used, it seems to be the collection zone for all my junk. If I have something that doesn't really have a home, it gets tossed in there.

Last week while I was trying to make Valentines for the boys, I had to crawl over piles to get to papers and tools. And now, it is such a pigsty that I can't really get in there to put it all back away, so I still have a pile of Valentine making stuff on my kitchen table. I couldn't even make them in my scrap room because my desk is piled so high with miscellaneous crap.

So that is my chore today, and sadly I forgot to take before pictures but maybe I will take "mid-stage" pictures and you can just imagine it twice as bad LOL.

Please tell me I am not the only one who lives this way.

Next is the kitchen, it isn't looking so hot these days either *sigh* I have spent way too much time on the computer lately and have been ignoring my house. We did finally get the rest of the Christmas crap put away yesterday so my living room is cleaned out again YAY. I have NO idea why we didn't do it sooner, but we had a bag of snowflakes and two boxes of Christmas lights in the living room for the last two months. I just had to convince DH to haul all the Christmas boxes back out to put them away.

Ok, off to finish my scrap room. See you next year....I hope. If you don't hear from me in three days send in a search and rescue team!

2 comments:

Jen S. said...

okay, is this #149? or did I miss it?

Anonymous said...

Just wondering how you're going to make all this happen!