Sunday, February 3, 2008

November 19, 2007

Well, the craft fair is over. YEAH I don't HAVE to sew anymore, I can just sew because I want to now. But first I have to tackle the monumental task of getting my sewing room put back together. While I was franticly trying to get things done for the craft booth, I didn't take time to put things away as I finished with them and I have crap flung everywhere.

I also need to devote some serious time to my house. I didn't clean at all, all week long and now it looks like the county land fill. My mom came over for dinner tonight and my kitchen was a disaster area. She helped me get it all cleaned up and what would have taken me nearly an hour took the two of us about 15 minutes. Now my kitchen is all clean and sparkly again (Except for the floors which I will tackle tomorrow while the boys are at school).

It's amazing how much a messy kitchen can drag you down. I have been totally avoiding it because it overwhelms me and I didn't have time to take it on while sewing all week. I even felt so good having a clean kitchen again that I decided to takle my junk cabinet. I have this odd little cabinet tucked between a little divider wall and the fridge. It is about 2 feet wide. Just wide enough for a bank of drawers. It is my junk collector. When I clean off the table, or bring in the mail and don't immediately take it downstairs, it all just gets piled on that counter. It has been bothering me for about a month so I did it today, now it is neat and tidy again and I feel so much better.

I spent the weekend at my parent's house. B was out of town for business and I had the craft fair so mom and dad took the boys over night. I didn't want to go home to an empty house so I stayed with my parents as well. My mom is trying to turn the downstairs guest room (previously my bedroom) into her sewing room so we were trying to dejunk and get some things taken care of. She wants me to come back and help her because I make her throw things away. I told her I would help her if she would help me. It's easier to throw someone else's junk away than it is your own.

The neat thing is, we went through my dad's desk. He shoves all kinds of crap in there...we pulled literally about twenty cable connectors out of there, along with several cables, switch plates, a million and one paper clips... there was all kinds of junk in there. We found some cool things though, he has a postage stamp from the 1972 olympics. The bike registration forms for my first bike and my sister's first bike, his address book from when he went on his church mission, his first temple recomend, a picture of him and my mom from when they were dating in highschool, pictures of cars they had when I was a little kid.

It was so neat, I love things like that. Makes me want to be more careful of the things I throw away. I still love to sit and go through my mom's cedar chest. She doesn't let us very often, but I love to see the things she has saved from when my sister and I were growing up. I love to look at my baby book and see my mom's handwriting talking about me as a baby. I love to see the art projects I made in kindergarten.

I feel very blessed to have a lifetime of happy memories. I had a happy childhood and I know how lucky I am to be able to say that I had amazing parents then, and I still do now. They are Unique.

I only hope that someday my kids look back on their childhood and feel blessed to have grown up in our family and to have B and I as parents. I know we screw up sometimes but we try hard and we sure do love those boys!

0 comments: