Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oh Thank Heavens!

I had nothing to wear to the funeral. As in NOTHING! Well, ok, I had something, but all my dress clothes are about ten years old and I feel like I wear the same thing to everything. I needed something to boost my self esteem in the midst of all of the teeny tiny women in my family.

So I went shopping for about four hours. I managed to find a cute outfit that is actually kinda flattering on my little round self and I am feeling a little better now.

There is nothing like a day of trying on ill fitting outfits that make you look worse than you would look if you just went naked.

On the upside, I found an adorable pair of shoes, ON SALE even (Don't tell B!)

My self esteem took a major hit yesterday after visiting Target, Walmart, and Sears. I have already been feeling badly for falling off of my excercise band wagon, I was doing so well there for a while. But I blew it and gained all that weight back and I hate myself for it.

Finding a decent outfit today was a band aid. It will cover the problem temporarily, it is up to me to fix it. I have GOT to get back on that treadmill and force myself to do it until I enjoy it again.

Maybe if I am accountable to you, if I have to update you everyday on whether or not I walked.

I think today should count for something, I walked all over 25 stores and dressed and undressed myself 372 times.

Baby steps you know.

0 comments: