Sunday, February 3, 2008

Yeah, More Fabric

Edited to note...for some reason, none of my links worked in this post, I will come back when I get a chance and try to fix them. Sorry.


I was a naughty girl again today. I don't know what is wrong with me, I have this all consuming need to buy fabric lately!

I saw some fabric in a store add, so I ran off to the store, of course they didn't have what I went after, but they had these and they would be perfect for the quilt I want to make. I stumbled across a new (to me) blog the other day and I have fallen in love. The blog name is Crazy Mom Quilts and she is my HERO! I want to be just like her when I grow up. I love her taste, and she is the one that inspired me to buy these fun fabrics. The pink floral is nothing that I would have ever bought before because I wouldn't know what to do with it, but then I saw this quilt http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2007/11/13.html and fell in love. These fabrics will be perfect for a quilt like that don't you think? I can't wait to get started!

I have also been collecting red and green fabrics with the intention of making a quilt for my living room. I need something that looks nice enough that I can leave it in the living room, and I need something to wrap up in on those cold nights when I am awake, unable to sleep, and want to curl up on the couch with a book. I can't seem to sit and read without freezing to death. Then while browsing through the same Crazy Mom Quilts blog I stumbled across this red and green quilt http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2007/12/merry-day-after-christmas.html and thought it was the perfect solution for my dilema. And it's also yummy in red and blue. http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2007/12/quilt.html

So anyway, check out her blog, it rocks, she inspires me, she makes me want to go sew....like RIGHT NOW.






I bought a few more yummy shabby chic fabrics for my bed quilt that I am going to make someday. At the rate I am going I will be able to make then king size quilts with all the fabric I have.

I just haven't found a pattern that I love. I want it to be soft, and feminine, and shabby chic, without being overwhelming and busy.

If you know of a great pattern, let me know, I am open to all ideas!



These have no purpose yet, I just bought them because I liked them, they made me happy, and since I am a realatively new quilter, and have very little stash, I figure I am entitled to buy things just because I like them. There were a ton of pinks that I really liked, and wanted to buy, but alas, I had to show SOME restraint.

I think I may have to make a purse out of the apple and pear fabric. I saw it the other day and absolutely loved it but thought "What would I ever use it for?" then I came home and made a purse and thought "DUH!" It would make a darling purse I think. I love the bright colors, they just make me happy, and I seem to have this thing for fruit. Of course Cherries are always at the top of my list! See the cute little cherry print on the left?

0 comments: