Monday, February 4, 2008

What is the most beautiful thing to you in nature?



My life writing prompt for today...
Well, aside from my children, I would have to say, for me, it would be a toss up between clouds and flowers as they are the two things I photograph the most. If I was FORCED to choose only one, my vote would be swayed towards flowers.

Clouds however are to be found year round, flowers only half the year (outside, around here at least).

On my computer I probably have several thousand pictures, just of flowers. I will take several hundred more next year. Several hundred more the year after that.

They make me happy.

They bring joy to my soul.

I am even, finally, figuring out how to actually grow them. My black thumb is slowly but surely turning green.

Who can possibly look at a flower and not see something amazing, something soft and lovely, something tough and determined, something full of hope?

Something that exudes just a touch of sunshine on an otherwise grim and depressing day?

0 comments: