Thursday, February 28, 2008

WIPS

So my week hasn't been nearly as productive as I had hoped WIP wise but I did manage to finish two small projects over the last couple of days. (I don't know why I ever expect to get anything accomplished when B has the day off, he always has other plans for me).

This first one is a pillow I made to go in the antique rocking chair in my living room. I did the stitchery part while I was visiting my sister over New Years. We started out scrapbooking whenever we got together but then it morphed into me sewing while she scrapbooked, and now it is just the two of us sewing. We have both pretty much stopped scrapbooking completely.


My sister made the same pillow on the same weekend, I don't know if she has her pillow finished yet, if she does I will ask her to post it on her blog and I will link you. I always think it's fun to see how two people can make the exact same project and have it come out looking so completely different.

My only complaint about this pillow is that I didn't make it big enough. It won't work for my rocking chair because it's small enough that it falls through the space between the seat and the back of the chair. Ooops! So now I will have to find another home for it, and I still have to make a pillow for my rocking chair LOL

The second one is something I was working on for a tutorial for a friend's craft blog, but right in the middle of it all, my Grandpa passed away and life came to a screeching halt. Now that Valentine's Day is over, I will have to come up with something else for a tutorial. So you, my friends, benefit from her loss.

Here is the finished piece...


And here is the free pattern, sorry, no tutorial! Just remember if you are going to add the ribbon to hang it with, make sure when you sew your right sides together that your ribbon is on the INSIDE of your pillow sandwich or when you flip it right side out, your ribbon will be on the inside of the finished piece. Have fun!

2 comments:

KR said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful pieces!!! :) So inspiring :)

Hugs!
Kristin
http://homegrownrose.typepad.com/reclaimingthehome/

Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT till this is on my blog too! ;)