Monday, March 31, 2008

Me+Depression=Shopping

I met my parents at Cracker Barrel saturday morning for Breakfast. While waiting for them to arrive, I browsed around the gift shop (That is just pure trickery I tell ya) and guess what? They had their Easter items 70% off.

I had seen the "Chocolate Bunnies" on people's blogs but figured they would be out of my price range so I never bothered to look for one. But Saturday morning they had one at cracker barrel, I bought the smaller one and got it for $4.50 I really wanted the bigger one, it was 3' tall, but alas, where would I put it when it's not Easter? The smaller one will at least fit in my Easter bin.


I also snagged this cute little burlap bunny pillow for $3. I thought it was pretty cute and I have a weakness for throw pillows. Which is odd, because I hate them, I am always fluffing, straightening, or picking them up off the floor.


Today I had to head out of the house for some errands so I decided to hit the thrift store. I don't know what happened, I used to find such fun things but lately...nothing, it's been very disappointing.

I didn't find anything that I absolutely fell in love with today, but I found a couple of fun things.



Some wire stuff... a big rack to go on my pantry door to add a little more space to the worlds most dysfunctional pantry.

A removeable bike basket with carrying handle. I wanted to get one of these at the store but they were $15, I'm glad I waited, I paid $1.50 for this one.

And a letter tray to put on the computer desk. It will hold the printer paper.




I love this funky orange and red tin, I am not sure what it is, I think a canister, but it is so "Groovy", I couldn't leave it behind. I have no clue what so ever as to what I am going to do with it LOL

The cookie tin is for my kitchen shelf. Some little frames, the bright gold one has domed glass, I love that. Some milk glass pieces, a blue cup because I loved the color. A glass dome, and a milk bottle that doesn't fit in the little rack that I bought it for, not sure what I am going to do with it now. Maybe use it as a vase for the kitchen table.


My favorite find for today has to be this white shelf. I have one of these already but it is in an antiqued metal finish, not the shabby white. I got it on Clearance for $17 and planned to paint it. Now I don't have to, I have one already white and I only paid $1.50 for it!

I also snagged a croppin cady for my sister who doesn't have one, and a pampered chef tool cady to hold my scrappin supplies.

So, everything you see here (Except for the cracker barrel stuff) came to less than $15 total! Not too shabby.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got some awesome stuff! I love the milkware and the blue cup. And I'm so excited for that glass bell! And of course, the cup holder! Thanks!!!!