Friday, March 7, 2008

This Little Lamb Is Cute As A Button


Let me prefface this post by saying that unless you count the disaster of a "Gonk" (AKA Humpty Dumpty lookin' thing) that I made in Jr. High sewing class, I have never before made a 3 dimensional object.

When I first stumbled across this free Lamb pattern at Pattern Bee a couple of months ago I just clicked away and went to check out her redwork patterns. Stuffed toys weren't on my radar at the time and while it was very cute, I had no interest in making one.

Then...I started checking out blogs, and seeing all the cute little stuffies that everyone is making and all of the sudden, I wanted to make one too. The only problem is, I don't want to go pay $10 for a pattern, for something that I am pretty sure is beyond my skill level.

But a FREE pattern, well that's a different story all together!

So I printed it off, and muddled through. I am not the kind of girl who can read something and do it, I am a visual learner. I need to watch someone do something, then I am good to go, so that is where most of my struggles came in. I had never done a gusset before, and now looking back I can see that I joined his little head gusset way too far forward.

But for a first try, I give him a B.

Now I have to find some more cute fabric and make another one. Maybe a little bigger this time, he's pretty tiny.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you don't give yourself enough credit! He's adorable, you did a great job. If only I had a pinky's worth of your talent.....


Elizabeth