Sunday, March 9, 2008

What are Sundays like for you?

I think it's time for another life writting prompt. And since it is actually Sunday, I thought this one was appropriate =0)

What are Sunday's like for you?
Well, our average Sunday starts out with me begging, pleading, cajoling, bribing, threatening, and coercing my kids into getting ready for church. Lately, I have been feeling defeated with the sunday morning arguments and have succumbed to the boys wishes to stay home from church.

When I don't cave to their desires to skip church we head off to church for three hours. We then come home, change our clothes and head off to my parents' house. We have dinner with them every sunday which usually consists of a roast (either pork or beef) a ham, somtimes chicken or porckchops, accompanied by mashed potatoes with gravy, corn, and another veggie, usually steamed cauliflower or brussel sprouts. It is always very yummy!

After lunch we clean up, the boys go off to raid the toy closet downstairs, if my dad isn't flying out of town that day he will head for the family room where he will turn on the TV and promptly fall asleep, and mom and I will play endless rounds of skipbo all afternoon.

On the sunday's that B has off, he will usually bring the laptop along so he can sit at the table by my mom and I and do whatever he does on the computer.

Around 6:00 we pack up and come home, feed the boys a light dinner and put them to bed. I then come down here to play on the computer, DH usually plays on his. When the TV is actually worth watching, I watch Desperate Housewives too, but that hasn't happened in a while.

Sometimes we pack up and head to Logan for the weekend and when that happens it usually involves a rotation of visits to different family members usually consisting of my sister, and both of my grandparents' houses.

That's about it. Thrilling eh?

0 comments: