Friday, April 11, 2008

Fabric and glass

While we were in Logan yesterday we went to what used to be one of my favorite quilt stores "The Red Rooster". I think one of my favorite things about it is the building. It's in a historic building and it has the most beautiful tin ceiling. I want to just lay on the floor and stare at the ceiling.

The store used to be really great when they were in a little strip mall just off the highway, but now that they are on main street, in this beautiful historic building, their selection has been cut in half and the lighting totally sucks, you can't see, it's like trying to shop for fabric in some one's basement with just the windows for light.

I did find these fabrics for my next applique class, and I really love them, we are appliqueing a butterfly, I am so NOT a butterfly kinda girl, maybe because my uncles ex-wife loved butterflies and I hated her, who knows, but I have a distinct aversion to butterflies. However, since it is my class assignment, I will bite the bullet and make a dang butterfly, hopefully my love for the fabrics will help me get over my dislike, if not, it will match my sister's bed as well as mine and I can give it to her LOL Maybe I should have bought fabrics to match my mom's bed, she likes butterflies. Oh well.


I can't wait for class, I wish it was today.

I also stopped by the thrift store but it was crazy in there and I didn't have much time. It was all I could do not to snag another roll of red lace but I stood strong. I did buy this remnant of a gorgeous vintage sheet, and another milk glass bowl. Now I just need to get the shelf up in my bedroom so I can display my collection. I have five whole pieces now. I have decided milk glass is a good thing for me to collect, it's cheap, easy to find, and comes in a wide variety.

1 comments:

julie (jane's apron) said...

I love milk glass too...and have that same vase!