Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm a sheep...

I'm a sheep, I live my life blindly following the crowd with no original thoughts of my own. Or so it seems lately.

A lot of my favorite bloggers have been crocheting lately and I have been itching to pick up my hook and get busy. With the exception of dish cloths I haven't crocheted in years.

I found some beautiful aqua blue worsted weight yarn a while back, but didn't buy it because I couldn't think of anything to make with it. I came home and googled free afghan patterns online but never found anything I was in love with.

Then yesterday I saw my Aunt Jane's Granny square afghan that my grandma made for her. My grandma was making this when I was engaged to B. She was going to make an afghan for me for my wedding and I asked her to make one like Jane's for me.


She told me I would have to wait a few years because this one was more work than she anticipated and I told her that was fine. She made me a lovely "Mile A Minute" afghan for my wedding and over time we both forgot about the granny squares.

But yesterday when I saw it again and I remembered how much I loved it. So I came home and googled free granny square patterns and found Lisa's Love by Lois Karklus. I ran straight to the store first thing this morning and bought the lovely aqua blue yarn and got right to work.


The squares go rather fast and are easy to make. I have made three so far...only 67 more to go LOL Hopefully this one goes better than my last granny square attempt. I will have to see if I can find that and show it to you, it was WAY too much work, each square had a 3D flower in the center and the square used three colors. Holy ends to weave batman! I never finished it. I started it because I was 100% sure that one of the twins was going to be a girl *sigh*

Oh, and I did the preliminary work for my butterfly block for my applique class, I think it is beautiful in these fabrics and I don't even mind so much that it's a butterfly because the fabrics are so pretty to look at. Let's just hope I don't kill it when I do the stitching LOL

There are too many pretty things in this post, I just can't stand it!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Nice work. The afghan is going to very nice. Nice appliqué too!