Monday, April 7, 2008

Hey, I made a pincushion!


I am going to a class tomorrow. I am nervous and excited, you would think it was my first day of college or something. I am even having nightmares about it, that they didn't write my name on the list, and they say I didn't pay, and they won't let me in, so I am standing there crying and begging.

I signed up two months ago. Paid my $45 (Should tell you how bad I want to go if I am willing to part with that much money for something). I have been waiting soooo long. I am so excited.

What has got me all atwitter? A needle turn applique class. I have wanted to learn how to do this for SO LONG. I love the look of it, it reminds me of my Great Grandmothers. I can't wait!

So packing my bag to go, I went to throw my pin cushion in my bag and thought Hmmmm, it's not very cute, and it's kinda large...I better make a new one.

So I did. Granted it isn't fancy, and it isn't amazing, it's just tiny to fit in my bag, my favorite color, and cute.

I will update on my class and let you know how it went. Two three hour sessions, tomorrow and next tuesday! YAY!

6 comments:

Candice said...

That's darling Jeanette! I love it!

Liz said...

That's why you thrift - so you can co to fun classes like this. Have fun! Love the pincushion.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute pincushion! Gonna teach me how to make it? LOL

Anonymous said...

sorry, hit the publish button before I put my name in LOL

Lynette Anderson said...

Thats a very sweet pincushion. Hope they let you in to the class! Bet you had fun, looking forward to seeing what you stitched.

Jen S. said...

that is soooooooooo cute!!!!