Monday, April 7, 2008

I am SO BAD!!!

I swore to myself I was going to stay away from the dang thrift store! Yeah, that lasted all of....ten minutes *sigh* I have no will power I tell you, I am going to have to start selling things to support my shopping addiction. Especially now that there are TWO thrift stores in the same shopping center, I am doubly cursed! The one tends to be quite high priced on somethings, and totally underpriced on others. Strange.

There is a lady who thrifts then posts pictures of things on her blog and people just leave a comment to buy something. I am thinking of doing something like that because I hate ebay, don't want to mess with that.

Anyway, here are today's finds...

A cute little shelf and towel bar for my sister's bathroom. It is going to look darling in there. $5 for the set


A really cool Nautical picture for PK's bedroom. I found some online once and thought they were awesome but I am too cheap to pay in the range of $50 for a decoration for my kids room. I have no problem paying $3 for the same thing however. The other picture frame was also $3. I wonder about the people, they are so cute and look so happy, what would bring them to send their photos to the thrift store? Did they call off the wedding? Did they divorce? How bad do you have to hate someone to give their picture away?


And the smaller things...
My joy of the day, a white waffle weave spa shower curtain for my hall bath. I have been looking for one since we moved here two years ago, but I am NOT paying $27 for a shower curtain (have I mentioned that I'm cheap? this is why thrifting works so well for me LOL) I picked this one up for $2. A vintage sheet for $1.50 (they were 50% off yay an even better deal). And housewares was buy one get one free so I got the three Pyrex bowls and the milk glass bowl for $1 total. A little chalkboard to hang in the hall between the boys bedroom doors, and a vintage floral painting in a cool frame, a skein of 100% cotton yarn, and that is all for today folks!

3 comments:

Liz said...

What great finds! Don't think of it as being bad, think of it as being good. Just think of how much you saved yourself buying all those items used.

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff, yet again! You find the best stuff! Thanks for the shelf and towel rod! :)

Anonymous said...

Argh, how come i never find cool stuff like that?!