Saturday, May 17, 2008

Nothing to Say

I feel bad, I don't have anything to post about. I haven't been doing anything crafty, in my free time I am at mom's working on her house. The carpet is finally in now, most of the walls are painted, we just have the kitchen and some trim work left to do and the house looks wonderful. The tile is all down and grouted but we still need to seal the grout.

I can NOT WAIT until her house is done, I am so tired of painting I can't even tell you. I was hoping she would give me a bit of a break before tackling the kitchen but no such luck, she can't stand the half painted wall (the kitchen and living room walls meet in the middle).

Today my BIL is flying in. I have to pick him up at the airport in about an hour. He is leaving his family back in Texas and coming home for the next six months or so to be near his very young teenage daughter who is expecting a baby. Her mother is trying to force her to make decisions that she doesn't want to make and he is coming to lend support and help her make the decision that is best for her, whether that is keeping the baby, or placing it up for adoption.

It's a sad situation. As much as I love my niece, I feel the best thing for this child would be adoption. My niece does not have a good home life, it is very stressful for her there with a mother that flits from boyfriend to boyfriend. My niece has made some very poor choices in her life with shoplifting, and alcohol, possibly even drugs. I hate that she is hurting and acting out, but I feel bringing a baby home to that life isn't fair.

And while I would absolutely LOVE to be able to be the one who gets to adopt her baby, I feel the chances of that happening are pretty well non-existent. Her mom doesn't like our side of the family and with the exception of Christmas every five years or so, we never even get to see my niece and nephew (and they live within five miles of me).

I am so sad for her, I hope she is able to make decisions that will benefit both her and her baby, whatever that means, and that they can all find a way to get through this and be at peace with it.

Meanwhile back at school, I am finally getting my class under control. The first couple of weeks were nuts with just coming back on track, having a field trip the first week and our first grade program the second week. Then this week we had an assembly three days. We are finally getting into the groove of things and getting back to work. Thank heavens, I thought I was going to go deaf after that first couple of weeks LOL.

Hope you are all doing well, hope to have something crafty to post soon. I am working on doll clothes for one of my "Babies" (Aka doll that I bought to practice painting on). She was naked and I couldn't take it LOL Although the fact that I have never sewn clothing in my life, unless you count that disaster of an A-line skirt in Jr. High Home Ec., and the lack of a pattern, is giving me issues, hopefully this little outfit won't turn out TOO disastrous. Just so long as she isn't naked anymore we should be good.

I am also working on more granny squares, I am up to 40 something now. Yay!


And just because I can't stand having a post without a picture, here is a picture of K from his birthday at Joe's Crab Shack last week. We took him there because they used to do such fun things for birthdays, like making you hula hoop while they sang to you, or ride a stick horse around the dining room. Yeah, they don't do that anymore, they just put a stupid hat on your head and sing to you, and the food wasn't great either, especially for how expensive it was. Oh well, he had fun and ate pizza at a fish place LOL Oh, and for those of you who don't know, that is my MIL on the right there, not me LOL

0 comments: