Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Front Porch Patriotism

It's so great having a handy husband so that when I find something I like, I can just show it to him and he can go make me one.

A couple of days ago I was reading Cherry Hill Cottage (One of my favorite blogs) the other day and she was posting pictures of her sister's house. You have to go look at them, her sister has a gorgeous house!

Anyway, I found this picture of a little flag pole and I fell in love!


I showed the picture to B and it just so happens I had these little poles. Not sure what they are, they are too tall for a spindle and don't have a top so they aren't really a newel post either. Anyway, I had grabbed five of them at the thrift store several months ago so B had everything he needed right there in the garage to make a cute little flag pole for me.



Now I just have to figure out what color to paint it. I don't want to paint it white because I think it will disappear against the house. I was thinking a nice buttery yellow, but my friend Robyn thinks red. What do you think?

4 comments:

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

Yellow! I can see why she wants red to go with the flag, but yellow would pop so beautifully with the house and would spark off the red flowers in your bed, and would add a bit of "bling" to the blue and green already on your porch. Just my humble opinion. :-))))

Loved your vacation story about the cave climb - ow!

I'm going to go back and peek at your sewing stories, too -- before I started painting hundreds of windows, I was a quilter, and still have a bit of a stash problem despite my best efforts to keep it under control. When it comes to fabric, just like windows, I just can't say NO!

Anonymous said...

I still think you should do a red/yellow crackle. :D

Anonymous said...

hmmm... love the red idea, but yellow would be really nice too :)

VanC said...

A faded sort of Red gets my vote. What a neat idea!