Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lucey's Birthday pt 2

Ok, so after lunch and the non-movie B decided he was going to take me to Boondocks. It's a local place that has mini golf place,you know the type.

So we drive all the way to the other end of the valley, stand in line for about ten minutes and all this time I am saying "This would be a lot more fun with the kids". Finally it's our turn to pay and B says "You decide, we can do this now, or we can come back later with the kids."

I voted for later and we left. I was having a hard time getting myself excited about doing anything. This is traditionally my day to mope around, cry, and be sad. It was hard to get in the party mood.

We went to the bookstore, and took a little drive, then headed home to wait for the boys to get out of school. I started looking on the Internet for a bed frame and found one on Craig's list for a really great price and they also had a vintage metal headboard, so we told them we wanted both and arranged for a pick up later that night.

Soon the boys are home from school and we head back to Boondocks. We started out with Mini golf. B started keeping score of just the two of us so he could gloat about how badly he whooped my butt. (Don't tell him I told you, but I beat him by four, that's a hard pill for him to swallow =0P)


Check out this picture of PF, I caught the ball suspended in mid air before it dropped in the hole. My poor kids need a hair cut in the worst possible way. I'm amazed he can even see to hit the ball for all that hair in his face.


We drove Go Carts and played some arcade games, spent all our tickets on some worthless crap, then it was time to head off to pick up the bed frame and headboard.


Check out me (#9 car) getting creamed into the wall by the dude in the #10 car.(Forgive the nine year old photography)


And last but not least, here is a picture of my new headboard. See my other headboard behind it, alas Bryan says we can't have that one in our bedroom =0( He hates it that bad *sigh* he isn't very fond of the metal one either but he doesn't hate it as bad as the wood one. Sorry, I know it's hard to see, but it was dark outside so I had no light to work with.


In the end, it turned out to be a good day. I got to spend the day with my favorite people, people who love Lucey too. We talked about her and we laughed and her birthday was a happy day, like it should have been. By the time we all got home we were too tired to eat birthday cake, so we saved it for the next day and ate it with the Merry Grandma and Grandpa.

1 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

I am so glad you had a happy day for Lucey's b-day. May you enjoy many more. Thanks for visiting my blog. I do teach at the quilt shop you mentioned. Paul and Stacey are so good to me. Hence the reason I am getting out of my comfort zone to teach the free motion some time late fall. Have a great day. Em