Thursday, September 25, 2008

What a let down...

Do you ever have anything that you just really, really look forward to. You plan things around it, you anticipate, and count days...

I don't watch much TV, but there are two things I love.

America's Got Talent (Talked about this the other day)

and Grey's Anatomy.

I have been anticipating the season premiere of Grey's for months, I made plans to put the boys to bed tonight and watch it on my DVR. With no interuptions.

But the boys came down to watch TV this afternoon while I was helping K with his homework. They decided about half way through an episode of Spongebob that they wanted to watch a movie instead, but at the same time they didn't want to miss Spongebob (They do NOT get to watch this horible show when I am around!!! I can't stand Spongebob!) so they recorded it (Something they are not supposed to do is touch my DVR) and while they were at it they decided to record ALL Spongebob episodes, and to make it a priority 1 (do you get where I'm going with this?)

So you have probably already guessed, they messed up my DVR and it didn't record Grey's, nor did it record the season premier of ER.

I started out really angry, but now I have calmed down and have settled in a mood of depression and feeling let down. I was looking forward to this so much and now...nothing. It just seems to be the way my life is. I am at the bottom of the totem pole, my needs and wants are at the bottom of everyone's list.

I'm sad, I'm going to bed. And then I have to get up and go to a job tomorrow, and for the next three weeks, that I don't want to do and I am not happy about going. I hope it doesn't suck as bad as I am afraid it is going to.

7 comments:

Candice said...

Hugs! Sorry! I hate when I miss my show! :( You could watch it online tomorrow. I used to do that all the time last year... not quite like watching it on TV, but better than nothing! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jeanette, this is Sly!!! I am joining the blogging world. I understand your pain. Quincy loves to mess with my DVR too. Luckily I can usually catch it in time. Maybe Kimmie recorded it. Come up to Logan. You can catch my blog at theslylife.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Awww. So sorry. At least it is showing on-line. I know it's not the same, though.

Hope your job goes well!

Amy Sorensen said...

Hey! I came to your blog via Becky K's blog. I have both of those shows DVR'd and I'd be happy to put them on a VHS tape for you if you like---well, and if you still have a VCR! Just let me know and I'll throw in a tape for you.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Ooooh, noooo. I hate when that happens. Our DVR broke and took all of my saved shows with it last year. I seriously wanted to cry. But it did save me a lot of time in the end that I would've spent in front of the tube, I guess! -Julia

P.S. I love the look of your blog! :-)

Donna Gotlib said...

Your blog is so colorful but you sounded so down. I hope things have picked up for you!
Sending good wishes your way.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I wanted to watch Grey's too, but alas, our TV has so much static you can't see or hear much :( And V and I came over for shashlik, so I would have missed it anyway LOL Guess I'll catch it online!