Monday, November 3, 2008

I had a great day today!


I had a really great day today!

I went to work and spent my day doing busy work in the office, copying report cards and doing some filing. After work I volunteered to do hearing screening with the district nurse. K failed his hearing test again this year. He fails it every single year, which means I have to make an appointment with an audiologist and bring paperwork back to school saying he can hear just fine. It's very frustrating.

Then I came home and chatted with my dear friend Bill. We chat almost every single day, I don't know what I would do without him and I hope his wife never gets jealous of the time we spend talking =0P I look forward to talking to him so much, he always cheers me up when I'm glum.

I got to chat with my sister who has been all too absent from IM lately grrrrrr.

I also got to talk with my friend Shayne today, we haven't talked in about a year and I was sad to hear of some of the goings on in his life but glad to be able to reconnect.

B and I had a great conversation before he left for work. It was so nice that the boys were all outside enjoying the last remaining moments of our warm fall weather (it's supposed to snow tomorrow) and B and I were able to just snuggle up on the couch and talk, that doesn't happen very often that we both have a few free moments at the same time. We didn't talk about anything important or stressful, just little nothings. We need to find time to do that more often, I miss him when he's gone so much.

All in all I think I am feeling like all the stress I have had heaped on me lately is just gone. I don't handle change well, and there has been a lot of change in my life lately, I just wasn't coping and I am finally feeling like things are leveling out a little bit.

I hope you all had a great day too!

PS another star on my great day...I clicked spell check and it said "No misspellings found" I think that's a first for me because I usually type too fast for my fingers to keep up, not to mention that there are a few words that I just chronically spell wrong, even when I KNOW it's not the right way to spell it *Sigh*

6 comments:

BAK said...

Glad you had a great day! It feels so dark now with the time change. Where did our summer go?

I hope you are feeling better! I missed you yesterday. ;)

Candice said...

Glad you had a happy day! Hugs!

DottieLou said...

good that you are feeling better

me said...

i am so glad you had a great day. i love that

Unknown said...

I'm impressed that a Monday treated you so well. My better day will be tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a nice day! Love the leaves picture!