Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not a perfect mother!

Back before I had kids.... You know, back when I knew how to be a perfect parent, I knew I would never use the television as a baby sitter.

Never...EVER...would I put my children in front of a TV for mindless viewing.

That was then, this is now.

That was then, before I discovered that if I was on the verge of becoming screamingly insane due to the antics of my overly hyper, Halloween candy loaded, offspring, all it took was an Indiana Jones movie. Really, that's all it takes to earn myself two hours of blissful silence. Two hours of no fighting, no screaming, no yelling.

So…I’m not the perfect parent, but at least I am a sane one…for now.

5 comments:

me said...

I think it was a great idea. anything for a little piece and quite right??

Melissa said...

I love it! Way back when I was a perfect parent too. :)

Anonymous said...

AMEN

Liz said...

That's the beauty of limiting TV most of the time... Those few times where they can veg out are special to them - and you!

Jennifer said...

Hellooooo! The TV is sometimes the only way I can have a little time to myself during the day. I put it on Noggin (educational channel for preschoolers) so that I don't feel AS guilty!