Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November Gratitudes

Inspired by my friend Becky I am going to try to post one thing a day that I am grateful for in this month of gratitude.

And since it is already the fifth of the month, I am going to start with five.


I am grateful for this man, Gordon B. Hinckley, Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful for the influence he had on my life. I loved his soft voice, his sense of humor, his wise and gentle council. I miss hearing him speak, I miss his deep and abiding faith and the inspiration he was to me to be a better person than I am. I miss him.



I am grateful for this man, Thomas S. Monson, residing Prophet of the LDS Church. He is a wise man, who teaches with humor and faith. I love him dearly.

I am not going to talk about my family in this post, because I want them to have their own spaces, so I will go with some lighter gratitudes for now.


I am grateful for "Moisture" and that fact that Utah seems to be coming out of our never ending drought. I am grateful for the fact that we bought a snow blower last year, and I am grateful for the fact that B doesn't have to work today, so HE can use it!



I am grateful for this protected little valley where I live. I am grateful that we don't have to worry about things like Hurricanes, Tornadoes (Once every 10-20 years isn't bad), Tsunamis, or other horrible, scary things that other people have to worry about where they live.

And lastly, I am grateful for all the awesome women I work with, who are funny, and happy, and great to work with.

2 comments:

BAK said...

I miss President Hinckley as well. He was just so sincere and so personable.

I hope you enjoy your month of gratitudes! It's so fun.

Liz said...

I'm trying to stop and reflect on gratitude as well. Sometimes it can be a challenge in this busy world.