Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting to know you, the Christmas Version

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, but you have to RIP IT! Nothing aggravates me more than watching someone slowly, and carefully open a package so they can save the paper. Good Grief, tear into that baby!

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Well, I’m allergic to both, but at least with artificial it only bugs me if I touch it, real trees I can’t even breathe around.

3. When do you put up the tree?
I start bugging B to put it up before Halloween most years, but this year we didn’t put it up until the second week in December, and it’s still not decorated.

4. When do you take the tree down?
I try to convince B to leave it up all year and just change the decorations for each holiday, but he hasn’t gone for that plan yet.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I love Eggnog! I love to take a tiny sip and swish it’s flavor all over my mouth before I swallow it. It takes me forever to drink a tiny cup, and I only like it if it’s ice cold.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I have so many things that I loved as a child, I love that my mom gave me a new doll every year, no matter how many I already had. I loved the tiny table and chair set, and the Raggedy Ann and Andy that she stayed up late every night sewing for me (I still have them).

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My Father-In-Law wins that category by a landslide. The man has no hobbies, and doesn’t collect anything. He is IMPOSSIBLE to buy for.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
B, he buys everything for himself then says “This is what you got me for Christmas/birthday/anniversary…whatever is coming up that gives him an excuse to claim it as a gift =0P

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have several, but most of them are not displayed.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I plan to mail cards out every year, and every year I space it off until it’s too late *Sigh*

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
The only things I consider bad gifts are the ones with no thought behind them. I love it when someone gives me a gift because they love me and want to make me happy, so they put some consideration into what I would like, not just grab something off a random shelf because my name appears on a list of people they feel like they “Have to” buy for.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle on 34th Street (The old version)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually around black Friday, I try not to start too early because if I finish early, I just keep buying and end up going WAY overboard.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Recycled…no, donated…yes ;D

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Turkey, English Toffee, Eggnog, Cheese ball with Wheat thins.

16. Lights on the tree?
White, I like the lights to accent my ornaments, not compete with them.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Once Upon a Christmas, I cry every single time I hear it.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel, it’s always travel….

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Of course!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have a star because I can’t find an angel I like.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
The boys get new jammies on Christmas Eve (Mostly so they look half decent in the pictures the next morning) everything else is saved for the following morning.

0 comments: