Thursday, December 4, 2008

Once in a Blue Moon

Do you ever picture something in your head, then you go to make it and the result is so disappointing? It turns out nothing like you envisioned and you just can't seem to figure out where you went wrong?

That is me, about 93.7% of the time. But once in a blue moon...things go perfectly. Once in a blue moon it turns out just like I pictured it in my head and I become so thrilled I carry this giddy feeling around inside of me all day.

That is just what happened here. My cookie sheet advent calendar did not only turn out as well as I had imagined, but I think may even be better! I have put off making this for three years now because I was so afraid of screwing it up and I am so relieved that this time didn't run true to form. I love it so very much!

I
am in love with it! It's perfect!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I think it's GORGEOUS! Esp because I have had the disappointment feeling a LOT lately.

Bill Cobabe said...

It is perfect! Nice job!

Just like some people I know! ;-)

Unknown said...

I love it too! I just love the color combination you chose. I'm dying to make one but every year I'm too late. Maybe I need to do it next summer. LOL

Isn't it fun when you LOVE how things turned out? :)

DottieLou said...

that is cute.. this may be a dumb question... are the numbers random or in a row... or I need directions

DottieLou said...

that is cute.. this may be a dumb question... are the numbers random or in a row... or I need directions

BAK said...

That is awesomely beautiful! Dude, everything that you make is perfect, I wish I had half your talent. Maybe you can ship some up the street in some cookies or a jar or something. ;)