Monday, February 16, 2009

Now that's what I call encouragement!!!

Good news to report!

In the last week I have lost 3" off my waist and 2 1/2 inches off my hips! Not to mention FOUR POUNDS!!!!! IN ONE WEEK!

All this time I thought the faster I walked, the better I was doing.

Not so much! The faster you walk, the more momentum you have to carry you forward. The slower you walk, the more your own body is responsible for the force that carries your weight forward.

So, walk slower....or jog to burn more calories. Who knew! And since Jogging isn't quite on my list of capabilities yet, I slowed things down and I can't believe how well it worked.

I am still trying to walk fast on in between days to build up my endurance, but just slowing things down two days last week and I have already seen a HUGE improvement.

I have started walking again because B plans on hiking all over the Olympic Penninsula this summer, the thought of me gasping and panting all over Washington HORRIFIES me.

4 comments:

BAK said...

Congrats! That is awesome news. I am so happy for you.

The Young Family said...

Good for you! Keep it up!

DottieLou said...

congrats

Unknown said...

Way to go!!! That's a huge accomplishment. Keep up the sweat!