Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Burlap Buntings

I was browsing blogs the other day and stumbled upon Everyday Chaos and guess what she had? A tutorial for a burlap bunting. I have wanted to make one for about a year now, but have never gotten around to it because I didn't know how to do the letters without the paint bleeding under the stencil and getting all over the place.

Well this tutorial is fabulous! I tried it and it worked perfectly!


You should try it too!

The only thing I did differently was that I used black bias tape instead of the jute. I also zig zagged around my individual pennants, my burlap was unraveling horribly and I also like the look of the black zig zags.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I love your banner! I made a candy one (didn't post that one) but mine is orange spots throughout with black lettering. Great minds think alike :). I love your zig zag stitching and will definitely be doing that on mine.

Julie said...

I love it!

Happy Fall!!!

Shanae said...

Awesome! Seriously gonna have to make one of these!

momofa2e said...

Can you send some of your creativity my way? :)