Sunday, September 27, 2009

Catching up

Do you ever get in a rut where blogging just seems overwhelming?

That's where I have been for the last little while. Don't get me wrong, I love blogging, I do, but there are times when it seems like such a responsibility, one more thing I am falling behind in and I have to conciously remind myself that no one forces me to blog, it's a choice, and I can take a break if I need to.

The past few weeks have been very overwhelming for me. I have so much going on at work getting a new school year running smoothly. Scheduling is a nightmare and now that that is out of the way (for the most part, I still have one more track to schedule) I can start breathing again.

I haven't really been doing much craft wise. I got my last few blocks finished for my Gail Pan "A Christmas Wish" quilt finished and I think I know how I am going to finish it, so now I just have to DO it.


I am quite pleased with how this little quilt turned out. I purchased a little brown bag of factory remnants which I thought was going to be patriotic fabrics because they were red, white, and blue, but they turned out to be from the Crazy Eights fabric line. Since I, all of the sudden, had Christmas fabrics I didn't have a use for, I decided to use them for this quilt and I really love how they look. Now I just need to find a fun project for all of the blue pieces.

I counted the other day and so far I have FIVE!!!! Christmas quilts in progress. What am I thinking? What am I going to do with so many Christmas quilts? I surely have no idea, and the sad thing is, I can think of at least two more that I want to make *Sigh*

We also took a short trip to Bear Lake to stay with my sister's family in one of their friend's condo. I love free vacations, and I love spending time with my sister, even though I invariably get cranky with all the noise and chaos created by eight kids who are WAY excited to see, and play with, their cousins.

3 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

I am so glad you're back! I love the quilt. It is so beautiful and well done.

Your pictures from Bear Lake blow my mind. It is gorgeous there. I have never been and now I want to go so bad. My kids would go crazy for the shells and frogs. It looks like you had so much fun!

Nanette Merrill said...

Cute stuff. Boy I'm with you on the time thing and blogging.

Shanae said...

that was such a great vacation... sigh...