Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy December

I have been on blogging hiatus. There just hasn't been much going on that is blogworthy and when I start to feel stressed trying to come up with something to blog about, I know it's time to step back and just let it go for a bit.

The boys have been off track from school and I haven't had much free time lately, so not a lot of crafting going on, but I have made some new winter hats for the boys. They picked the pattern and it's a free one found here...Visor Beanie Crochet Pattern. (Ps, check out the name of her site, it totally cracks me up and brings back memories of being a teenage girl drooling over cute boys.)

Here are a few that I've made...




I kind of winged it on this cute hat for my neighbor's new baby.


And used this pattern... Olivia's Butterfly Hat for a hat for my niece, because she needs a girlie hat, not a hand-me-down boy hat from her brothers LOL And here is my darling boy, very unwillingly, modeling it for me.


I have also been bitten by the beaded watch bug. I have seen them around for a while, and thought they were cute, but when I went to a craft boutique with my mom and they had watch faces, I fell in love with a little green one and it came home with me. I have had it for about two months now and finally got around to making my first couple of watch bands yesterday.

The first I made with natural stone beads and I love it.


The second one is made in my favorite color combination; red, aqua, and green. (If I ever need to match my living room, this is the watch to wear!)



I have a few other things to blog about, but this post is long enough. So Ta Ta for now!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the hats! I should learn to make some...I seem to have plenty of time on my hands these days. *sigh* Don't get me wrong, things are getting better, but it is
S L O W.

Candice said...

VERY cute! Love the hats and the watch bands!

Julie said...

My daughter just asked with I could knit her a hat like that! They are so fun and the watch bands are great!

Happy Holidays!

BAK said...

I love the hats. Sawyer's is so dang cute on him. And just think: you made it through off track time! Yay! You can have your sanity back.

Mrs. Misses said...

I think I need to come over so you can show me how to do these. They would be great Christmas presents!