Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pin Up

So I had this great idea, I wanted to make a little pin cushion to send to my swap partner. Unfortunately, there were a few too many mishaps.

I didn't shrink the pattern enough, so it turned out bigger than I had planned.


Then, when I filled it full of sand...it weighs a TON! I can't even imagine how much it would cost me to ship this baby!

So, it will stay here with me (I desperately need another pin cushion anyway) and I will come up with something else for my partner. Maybe make the same thing but with fiberfill instead? Who knows...


Don't you just love the little beads for the pin heads? I had little aqua dyed fresh water pearls that I planned to use, but the holes aren't big enough =0(

In the meantime, I am thinking I need to join swaps more often, this swap has gotten me out of my crafting void and back in the swing of things. It feels nice to be creating again.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Its so cute!

Beth said...

i love that pincushion, and thnik your embroidery is just too sweet!
I agree, I am sad that dqs is coming close to an end, I have loved being a part of it so much!
You could join the sewing olymipcs group on flickr, get you motivated to make some stuff?

Nanette Merrill said...

I'd have a really hard time giving that away. It is darling. Really really darling.

MaryMary86 said...

You could always send one to her empty and let her fill it after it arrives?

Cute, cute idea! I love your blog!