Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's Happy Hour!

It's typical of my life to get to the party after everyone else has gone home.

I am not a spur of the moment kind of girl, I have to think, and plan, and analyze, and worry over every little thing. It's just who I am.

About a year ago, these Happy Hour quilts were popping up all over blog land. I fell in love and wanted to make one, but it took me a good three months before I could commit to buying the pattern. I have been collecting fabrics for about a year now, and I finally, today, took the leap and started cutting.


I can't say that I am in love with it. It looks nothing like the luscious quilt in my head. It's too busy, and the prints are too small. But...it's all cut out, so I might as well finish right? I still think it will look cute on the back of my couch.

And just for fun, here is a picture of the man and the boy feeding the birds.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I think its going to be so cute! I love the fabric's they are so bright.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!! You don't love it? Are we seeing the same quilt? I adore it!

Jake's mom said...

I LOVE that quilt!!! I want one just like it!!