Saturday, March 20, 2010

DQS8 Swap

So we just finished round eight of the doll quilt swap. I have really enjoyed participating in the last two rounds!

I made two quilts for my partner. I made this one first.


But when I started stalking my partners comments and saw that she loved a certain kind of quilt, they were the ones she gushed over, I decided to send her a different quilt that was hopefully more her style. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the quilt finished, so I had to wait until she received it, and posted a picture so I could share with you. And thankfully she loved this little quilt. I was kinda sad to see it go, I am going to have to make another one for me!


I also have an idea working around in my brain for another quilt (maybe for DQS9) that involved mushrooms, snails, and birds! Can't wait to see it in fabric!!

I have also received my quilt from this swap! Horray, no agonizing waiting for me this round! She went with my love of cherries and made this darling little quilt for me. I just love it so much, I can't decide if I want to hang it on my wall with the others, or use it as a table topper, doesn't it look so cute on my little iron table?
Thank you Jennie!!


I have so much fun with these little mini quilts! If you like to make quilts, you should join in on the fun!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE that first tree quilt that you made! I am so sad that DQS8 is over too, but isnt is a great feeling when your sent doll quilt is well received!
I hang up all my doll quilts in my sewing room, great inspiration!

jacquie said...

i love both quilts, but the first one is really fabulous!

Julie said...

I love all the quilts but I must say the second quilt that you made her is so cute. I would have a hard time letting it go!