Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A little happy making.

I have made a couple of stops at the fabric shops the last few weeks. I was looking for backing for my happy hour quilt and wasn't coming up with much. I was also looking for a Hunky Dory Layer cake so I can get started on the pinwheel sampler quilt along over at p.s. i quilt.

In my travels I stopped first at Pine Needles but didn't find anything that I loved for my quilt back, and they didn't have Hunky Dory yet. I did pick up a couple of fat quarters though. Two of them were orphans for $1.88, and a little Happy Camper. I love Happy Camper so much, I wish I could just buy a jelly roll, or layer cake of it. I looked around hoping for a charm pack, but couldn't find one =0(


A few days later mom and I went to Quilts Etc. They didn't have Hunky Dory either, but they had the new Feed sacks line and they were soooo yummy! I bought 1/8 of a yard of a bunch of them for my scrappy feed sack quilt.


I also bought a half yard of the aqua and red plaid (same fabric that I used in my pincushion) and a little floral FQ.


Then on to Material Girls where I finally found my Hunky Dory layer cake...AND a piece of backing fabric for my Happy Hour quilt!


And just because this is a post about fabric, here is a really crappy picture of the baby quilt top I finished today. It's for a very special little man, and his mommy, whom I adore.

(Pardon the wrinkles, I wanted to hurry and get pictures while I still had sunshine!

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

You just did your own little shop hop! How fun.

DottieLou said...

cute baby quilt

Linda said...

I love the Hunky Dory as well. I bought some on ebay. You have a very cute site. I am new to blogging and I love it!