Monday, April 26, 2010

Joy is found in the little things

I very rarely buy kits, in fact, I have now bought a sum total of two quilt kits in my entire life.



But I saw this little quilt on the wall at my LQS and loved it, and the kit had the exact fabric used in the sample except for one, and I while I didn't really care for the substitution, I went ahead and used it anyway. I love how this little quilt turned out, it will go on my living room wall when it's finished.


I also made a little disappearing nine patch quilt for my son's teddy bear. He has been asking for a quilt for Jack for quite a while now, and I finally got around to it. Now I know what not to do when I make the baby sized quilt next week (Make sure all prints are facing the same direction!!!).


And since I was all warmed up and crafting anyway, I decided to make a little coffee cozy for my son's teacher. I kinda winged it from a cardboard cozy I picked up at Carl's Jr. this afternoon and it didn't turn out too bad I don't think. I sure hope it fits since I don't have any coffee cups to try it on.

So what have YOU been up to lately?

13 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm not really into kits either but this quilt caught my eye as soon as I clicked your blog. It is so cute! Love it.

DottieLou said...

so dang cute....

gale said...

ooh I love that kit quilt!! Is that something your lqs put together? do they sell online? That teddy bear quilt is so cute-what a great idea. Bet the teacher will love that cozy. I need to make some of those up.

Kim Walus said...

It was really fun running in to each other tonight at HMQS. Thanks for recognizing me and saying HI! I really love the quilt kit that you made.

Linda in Calif. said...

I'm in the process of making a larger D9 patch using a variety of different fabrics. It's a bit tricky to get all the prints to face one way - because you flip the squares once you cut them. So most of mine I stitched up straight and then some of my prints I turned so that when I cut and flipped my squares they would be facing the correct way - but I also had fabrics that could go either way. That really helped. Geez I hoped that made sense.

Mrs. JP said...

I found your blog thru "in stitches" and am so inspired. I'll be following you. Have a great day.

Maria said...

Popped over from Bingo to read your blog.
You have make some gorgeous things and it is always fun to do the DP9 patch quilt.
Great to see your boys also sewing.
Wow and you have some Aussie birds too.

CaliQuilter said...

Hi, hopped on over from bingo to say hi! Love the banner on your blog. Joan
www.thrilledtopieces.blogspot.com

Kerry said...

I too am visiting from in stitches and have thoroughly enjoyed my visit. So much so, I think I will have to add you to my blogroll so that I can remember to visit again. Good luck with the bingo!

Susan said...

I came to say an Aussie hello from SPRING FEVER!!

I enjoyed looking through your blog. Did the coffee cozy for the teacher fit his mug??

Hope you have many finishes this year!!!

Regards,

RG said...

Hi Jeannette,

I love your quilts and especially your coffee cozy... now that is adorable!! Nice job :-)

Just popping in from Spring Bingo :-)
hugs
Robyn xx

GroverFamily said...

love the coffee cup Koozie! stopping by from the BINGO game:)
http://lifewiththegrovers.blogspot.com

MaryMary86 said...

OK I'm not a quilter but this is something I want to do! It's over the top cute!