Saturday, May 29, 2010

STUD Swap received

This is my first time participating in the STUD swap. STUD stands for Swap Til U Drop.

You make a mini quilt and send it to your partner. My quilt came out a little bigger than planned, but I added some extra sashings because it just looked lopsided without them. I hope my partner loves her quilt. I think she will. But you just never know.

Here is a little looksie. I can't show you the whole thing until she receives it because it's supposed to be a surprise. Her favorite colors are orange, green, and blue. I thought that was going to be hard, but then I found the floral fabric and it all worked out perfect.



Meanwhile, my quilt came in the mail yesterday! Kolleen, my partner, looked through my favorites folder on Flickr and just happened to chose one of my alltime favorite quilts to use as her inspiration. Pair that up with cherry fabric and I'm a gonner!


I absolutely love this quilt! I love the wonky blocks, and I love the ric rac, and I forgot to take a picture dangit, but the fabric on the back is adorable too!

Thank you Kolleen! I adore it! And just as much as the quilt, I love the little fabric pieces, and the doily. I can't wait to make something fun with that fabric!

I am having a really rough go of life right now and my spirits are pretty down. MIL came to the rescue and took the boys and I out to lunch and to see Shrek yesterday. It was a nice escape from my reality, if even only for a few hours. Thanks MIL, you're the best!

3 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

I've never been a part of a swap but it looks like fun. I'm sorry you're feeling down lately. Just take each day, hour, minute as you can. The Lord promises to be with those who take refuge in Him. Read Psalm 35 and 139 when you get some quiet time.
Your guilt is darling. Put it somewhere where you see it lots during the day.
Blessings to you. I must say the name of your post drew me in. LOL

Mrs. JP said...

okay...i meant to say quilt NOT guilt. I hate it when i see typos just as I press enter. Yikes!

QuiltyBee said...

I'm so glad you like your cherries! I hope they cheer you up. And you have 3 boys--I have 2. Now, off to select the fabrics for your giveaway prize.