Sunday, May 30, 2010

Utilitarian doesn't mean boring!


I have had a need to do some utilitarian sewing lately. I joined our local city band a month or so ago and we have two concerts tomorrow. Because these concerts are out and about, we need to bring our own music stands. I hate having to try to hang on to my music stand, and my music, and my horn as I am walking, so I decided to make a cute little case for my music stand. And while I was at it, made a cute little draw string bag for my valve oil and slide grease.


I of course chose cherry fabric (I know, you're all shocked) and red polka dots and threw together this little case. In hindsight I would have done a few things differently, but considering I just threw it together, I don't think it turned out too bad, and it serves it's purpose. And now I can travel to my concerts in style! (now if only my French Horn would fit in the trunk of the Miata, I could REALLY travel in style *wink*)

3 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

I've learned yet another talent you have. Musical huh? I thought you'd made an umbrella cover at first glance. Brilliant, just brilliant AND cute!

QuiltyBee said...

Excellent idea for the music stand. So great you joined the city band--I've been thinking about that, too. and I LOVE my STUD mini--thanks so much!

Sharmin said...

I love this idea! I would like to make one for my daughter who just started playin violin. She has to carry her stand every week to school, and her backpack is not working to well. Would you mind sharing how you made yours?

Thank you,
Sharmin
swatters09@nc.rr.com