Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One Flower Wednesday

My first ever One Flower Wednesday!

I am so excited to finally be able to participate. I made this flower yesterday, but I'm counting it!


I have wanted one of these quilts since before I was a quilter. I have always loved old, vintage things, and Grandmother's Flower Garden quilts have always been right at the top of my list. I knew they were sewn by hand and always just assumed they would be way too hard for me.

I even tried making a flower once and gave up because I was too frustrated. I have been researching all the tutorials I could find and took a little information from each. And now I have a flower with plans for many more!

Here's to many more "One Flower Wednesdays!"

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the club! Your first flower is beautiful, may your garden grow and grow...
Tineke

Joan said...

Congratulations Jeanette...its looks fantastic too. You will soon have lots.. and your own hexagon quilt. :)

Dawn said...

Pretty! and congrats on your first. Warning, they can be addictive....

Marion B. said...

Last week I started flowers too and the others are right, it's addictive.

Ceamz/Cayleigh said...

love the colors!

Sheila said...

Congratulations on your first flower and it is lovely , your garden will be beautiful .Dawn is right they are very addictive !

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Hope, you had fun sewing your first beautiful flower :-). May your flowergarden grow.

Marieke said...

Your flower looks wonderful! I love the fabric you use. Enjoy making more!

Vickie said...

I just started making these flowers and joined the group, too. Your flower looks beautiful! It is much easier than I thought it would be, too.

JustCindy said...

You will be taken over by hexes before you know it. Lovely flower.

Karen said...

I LOVE your first flower!! They look so good in 1930's fabric. Have fun making your next one!

Melissa ;-) said...

Congrats! But I have to warn you - I have found it quite addictive!

Marcia said...

Welcome! Your flower is very sweet. I love vintage things too. Looking forward to next Wednesday.

Theresa said...

Congratulations :D your first flower is beautiful - I love the vintage looking fabric...I especially love that orange fabric that your flower is resting on, I hope you're going to make a bloom from that :)

Nanette Merrill said...

Ohh it is wonderful. One flower is just as pretty, nearly, as a bunch.

pajudie said...

Congrats on your first flower - it's beautiful!! You'll find these addictive and a great take-along project. Welcome to the club -
Judie