Tuesday, June 1, 2010

STUD swap

You have already seen the quilt that I received in the STUD swap, but now I want to show you the quilt I made for my partner. I can show it now that she has received it.



Her favorite colors are orange, green, and blue. A color combo I also enjoy, so it was fun making this quilt for her. This pattern was a pain in the hiney though, there were many measurement errors in it and I had to wing it a little.

It turned out pretty good though, and I was proud of it when I was finished.


I hope it puts a smile on Kolleen's face whenever she sees it, and I hope she enjoys it for years to come.


Because I like to send little extra goodies, I made a cute little pincushion from the tutorial found here. The little gold thing is a pocket mirror with her initial on it. And a cute little pencil and some posty notes (you can never have too many posties if you ask me!)

3 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Oh, that is cute. The buttons just make the design pop. When I first saw it I thought wouldn't that pattern make a cute machine cover. I've just got some scrap material over mine because I don't like the hard cover.
She will enjoy her treats!

QuiltyBee said...

A pincushion--I thought it was a wild cuff! I just might have to wear it out of the house when I think everyone needs a boost--oh, yes, I still love the whole package. Thank you so much.

Nanette Merrill said...

Great minds think alike. I just made a sewing machine block for a proposal. Mine was vintage but both of ours are very cute.