Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One Flower Wednesday

Well gee, if it weren't for OFW I wouldn't be posting at all here lately, would I?


I have made some great progress on my quilt! Considering I am only three weeks into the project I have over 125 white hexies, and over 70 flowers. I am on bedrest right now and this is a great project to do when you are stuck on the couch all day long!


If you're wondering why none of my flowers have centers yet, it's because I want to figure out the layout of the quilt, and try to match the centers to the flower fabric and have them all evenly dispursed color wise. I am a little OCD that way.


Our local quilt shop hop was last week and I had a ball running around with my mom, sister, and Peggy (a family friend). We all spent way too much money (no regrets here though) and have some fabulous projects planned for the coming year.


My sister Shanae and I are both doing a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt and we decided the best way to go about it would be to buy 1/8th of a yard each of as many different fabrics as we could so that our quilts would be amazing. I ended up with over 148 different fabrics! I love the fact that no two flowers on my quilt will be the same.

I am off to a good start, but I still have a looooong way to go!

14 comments:

Raewyn said...

I love your flowers, and what amazing progress!! Bed rest has its advantages!! I know what you mean about the layout, I don't think I'll be joining mine till later so I can make sure I get it right - unless I get impatient before then!!!

Linda said...

148 fabrics! Wow!

The Patch Craft said...

wow what great fabrics.

Ceamz/Cayleigh said...

I love what you have started. The colors are very nice. You are accomplishing a lot while on bedrest. and the 148, WOW!

Paula said...

Beautiful, and 148 different fabrics, what a splendid idea.

katrien said...

Great your hexaflowers,nice fabrics.

Nanette Merrill said...

I absolutely love love the outside fabric that ties them together. It is simple and perfect.

Theresa said...

It looks like a rainbow of flowers - lovely. Hope your bed rest comes to an end soon.

Gigi's Thimble said...

OK those flowers are awesome!!! That quilt is gorgeous and you are amazing for whipping out that many in only 3 weeks! Good job!

About the chicken wire fabric; you are in luck!!! I got mine just about 2 weeks ago at Quilts, etc. in Sandy. It was across the street from the main shop and they had a few different kinds that I was deciding between. You can go get youself some if you're still needing some. Good luck!

Myrna said...

You look so happy in your picture with all the fabrics! I'm in awe of your flowers, they are going to make an amazing quilt.

Lynette Anderson said...

Oh wow, your hexagons are looking great and I love the fabrics your are working with.
Lynettex

Karen said...

I do believe I need some bed rest!! You are so very organzied and your flowers are beautiful! And, how great your sister is making one too!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

How pretty!! I love the variety of colors and the careful planning that you put into your quilt. I think it is great your sister quilts, too. How fun for the two of you.

Get better soon!!
:) Becky

Ceamz/Cayleigh said...

love your flowers and great idea waiting on the centers.