Friday, May 13, 2011

Mini Dresden= Mini Pinnie

Last weekend was the HMQS Quilt show. I went with my mom, on friday, and the just couldn't leave without this darling little Dresden ruler. I think it's only meant to be a key chain(It came with a key chain thing on it) but hello...mini Dresdens???


I couldn't wait to try it out!

My sister and her family came down for Mother's Day and we had a girls' sewing day on Saturday. We try to do this a couple of times a year, it gives us a chance to just hang out together without having to run here, or do that etc.

I took several projects with me to work on, but that little ruler was calling to me so I got it out and dug into mom's scrap basket. It's rather funny, I was planning to make her a little pin cushion and while I was sewing she sad "Man, I wish I had a pin cushion!!! Somewhere to stick a needle where it won't get lost!"



I love how tiny and sweet it is! I also made a full Dresden circle with these teeny tiny plates. No idea what I'm going to do with it yet, but I made a fabric covered button to go in the middle of it =0)

2 comments:

Stitches said...

cute little Dresden!! One of my favorite blocks. You could make a darling doll quilt with them. But I love your pincushion too.

Sparky said...

HI Jeanette, what a lovely find you are....tell me where can I find this mini dresden ruler????

madamesamm@me.com