Friday, July 29, 2011

New School Year= New Job= New Mug Rug

The reading program that I used to run at the Elementary School has been discontinued due to budget cuts and I was very lucky to find a new position in the office at the Jr. High.

I am so desperately going to miss the kids at my old school. I worked with every single kid in the school, either one on one, or during PLC's where we would do reading in each classroom every Wednesday. It's going to be a big change moving from these little kids, to the big kids in Jr. High (And I mean BIG! Most of them are taller than me LOL).


I'm nervous and excited and ready to go! So I decided to celebrate my new job with a new mug rug for my new desk. I'm looking forward to trying something new, but my heart aches for all the little faces that I have come to know and love at my old school. I worry for the struggling readers, and what is going to happen to them without the one on one help, but I can't afford to work for free and I have to go where the jobs are. I will miss my little ones though!

2 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Have fun at your new job. Maybe you will see some of those "cute little faces" that you have taught before.

Mrs. JP said...

OH, I like the idea of personalized rugs for our mugs!!!