Friday, August 12, 2011

Yellowstone 2011

After the single day we were able to spend in Yellowstone last year, we decided that we really wanted to go and spend a little more time there. So DH, the kids, my parents, my sister, and my inlaws all piled in our cars and headed for Montanna.

I made a little slideshow to share a few pictures with you. There are so many amazingly beautiful things to see in Yellowstone that I had a hard time narrowing it down. Everything is so different and it really is truly beautiful there. Not one single picture in this slide show has been altered. The colors are all real, it really is that gorgeous! We got rained on nearly every day we were there, but it was nice because it wasn't so hot.

So sit back and enjoy your not hot, not smelly tour of Yellowstone. I have tried to name features when I could remember what they were. Although I have a crappy memory and I may be wrong on some of them.


Animals spotted on our trip this time...
Ravens (By the thousands)
Red Tailed Hawks
Pika
Elk (Lots)
Deer
Bison
Black Bear
Grizzly Bear (No picture sadly, couldn't get the camera out in time).
Marmot (LOVE THEM!)
Wolf
Coyote (Actually crossed the road in front of us in town)
Squirrel
Chipmunk
Mountain Goat
Ground Hogs
Antelope
Bald Eagle
I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but I think that is a fairly complete list.

3 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

So,,,tell,,,wasn't it better camping in a trailer? I've always wanted to go there ,,, thanks for the slide show.
Still making mug rugs in the holler...

Jeanette said...

Mrs. JP
Don't know if you will ever see this, but I always try to go and leave comments on your blog and it tells me I don't have access to that page.

Anyway, I am still waiting for Mug Rug pictures! And yes, trailer camping is WORLDS better than tent camping! I didn't freeze to death! And I wasn't having to dig through totes to find pans etc, it was all in cupboards. So much nicer!

**MIGNONNE** said...

Those pictures are amazing! It looks like you had a great trip. Man, I want to go so bad.