Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Finished Swap Quilt

I haven't been doing much lately. I had influenza A and was quite sick for a bit. Now I am feeling better, but have the lingering cough and major fatigue. It seems that going to work is about all I can handle then I am totally wiped out. I hope that part doesn't last long.

I finished this quilt several weeks ago and have just been waiting for my partner to let me know that she received it so that I could share pictures.

Our theme for this round was Log Cabin, and I wanted to fit the theme but still give my partner something different. I think this turned out pretty cute, and I hope she likes it. I haven't received mine yet, but I will share when I do. I hope it comes soon, I can't wait to see it.

In other good news, that thing I hinted at in my last post is coming right along. Something that I never thought would ever happen for me, is happening. I still can't believe it, and I still keep waiting for someone to come up to me and say "We were just kidding... you can't really do this." I keep waiting for another shoe to drop, for another catastrophe, another burst bubble, someone to come along and pinch me and wake me from this dream.

But...we have handed over money, and now...

We have our names on a sweet little third of an acre of dirt. Right out side of my bedroom window is the Second Tee (I hope those five AM golfers are quiet, and have good aim, and don't break my windows!)

There are plenty of things I am NOT looking forward to...putting in landscaping being #1, but I am looking forward to being in control of my own destiny. Having a place all my own, where I can paint the walls if I want to! And oh boy and I looking forward to not having stark white walls!!!! We are still about a year out, but my goal is in sight, it's no longer some abstract thought, way off in the distance.

I will finally have a home! Oh happy day! And I am sorry to say it, but you will probably hear a lot about it for the next year or so =0P

1 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Firstly,,,congratulations! and second,,,oh,what a darling quilt. How big is it?