Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cross Stitch? Really?

I have a love of all things handwork. I have since I was a little girl and my grandma first taught me to cross stitch.

I just love to sit in a chair and stitch but the downside to that is that you can only have so many cute little pillows and wall hangings in your house, and your family eventually gets tired of getting one of your projects for every! single! holiday!

So, it's been a few years since I sat down with needle and thread (Unless you count my never ending love affair with hexies).

Just recently though, I have had a resurgence of desire to cross stitch. I am rather ambiguous about cross stitch. Part of me thinks "Oh, that's so tacky!" because I have a distaste for anything that was popular in the 80's =0P and the other part of me loves those quiet moments with needle and thread, watching with anticipation as the design emerges from the cloth.

Tacky or not, I am hooked again.

I've been making little rose themed projects to hang in the little closet that holds the commode in my bathroom. Starting with this ring of roses (Which was originally begun as an area rug for the bedroom in my doll house but was reassigned to the bathroom wall when I realized it was a lot more work than I originally thought!)

 
Then I wanted to try my hand at a crocheted hoop like one I had seen on Pintrest. This little bitty is only 3"!
I started looking on Pintrest for more rose themed designs and changing thread colors so that they would all coordinate. I found this Victorian Alphabet and thought our family Monogram would be fun.
Unfortunately, my little doggie decided to go digging in my stitching bag and thought this would make a tasty treat. Luckily she didn't damage the cloth or the stitches, but you can see where the color bled from the blossom on the top left =0(

This all led me to my most recent project. One I am absolutely THRILLED about and can't wait to share with you! It's one of those things that I love so much I just keep wandering over to stare at it.

So...I don't care if it's tacky, My name is Jeanette, and I'm a Cross Stitcher! Keep your eyes out, I am going to post my most recent finish soon!

 


0 comments: